Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Fri April 19, 2019
- Kent boat migrants: Man charged after 27 migrants cross channel - Sarbast Mohammad Hama is alleged to have assisted 27 people attempting to reach the UK in dinghies
- Jayden Parkinson murder: Mother calls for 'domestic abuse register' - Teenager Jayden Parkinson was strangled by her abusive ex-boyfriend in Didcot.
- Boys 'felt obliged' to fight at Cookham Wood youth prison - Inspectors found a fighting culture between boys from different gangs or postcodes.
- Warning over 'unexplained' school moves - A report says high numbers switching schools might conceal pupils being "off-rolled".
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.