Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Wed December 19, 2018
- Rough sleeping centres 'to help 6,000' - The government announces a £4.8m project to create 15 "rough sleeping hubs" in England by 2020.
- Farmer Steven Sandys trampled to death by bull - Steven Sandys was found lying in a field cut and bruised and with most of his ribs broken.
- Waste plan floats bottle deposit scheme - More people will also get food waste caddies, as part of plans for England to make recycling less confusing.
- Schoolchildren safety fear over fewer lollipop men and women - BBC research shows British councils now employ 1,500 fewer wardens than five years ago.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.