Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Thu February 20, 2020
- Harry Richford inquest: 'Lives at risk' over locum doctor recruitment - A coroner probing an avoidable baby death in East Kent calls for a national review of locum medics.
- Swaleside Prison: Recruitment drive to tackle violence at jail - A prison, which was criticised for not having a plan to tackle violence, has launched a recruitment drive.
- Cookham Wood YOI: Violence levels among inmates 'too high' - Cookham Wood Young Offender Institute is judged "not sufficiently good" following an inspection.
- South East sees lowest growth in house prices - House prices climbed 3.9% in Yorkshire and Humber last year, but just 1.2% in the South East.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.