Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Tue July 7, 2020
- Charlie Elphicke: Ex-MP 'quizzed woman about bondage before grope' - Charlie Elphicke is alleged to have chased a woman around his home and tried to grab her bottom.
- 7/7 London bombings: Victim Philip Russell remembered by his father - The father of a victim of the London 7/7 terror attacks says time has been no healer.
- Woodland Trust: Huge increase in litter and fly-tipping - The Woodland Trust says the level of dumping during lockdown is putting nature at risk.
- Canterbury Cathedral shrine of St Thomas Becket reconstructed - Thomas Becket was murdered in Canterbury Cathedral and his shrine destroyed, during the Reformation.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.