Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Fri February 22, 2019
- Sex assault victim 'let down' by PIP assessment - A woman left doubly incontinent by sex assault loses disability benefit after PIP assessment.
- Four arrested over power cut at Margate hospital - Ambulances were diverted 40 miles after electrical lines were damaged causing a power cut in A&E.
- Warning over cost of caring for young asylum seekers - Councils are struggling with the rising costs of caring for young asylum seekers.
- HMS Warwick World War Two sinking remembered 75 years on - Sixty-six sailors died when the ship was hit by a torpedo from a Nazi U-boat off Cornwall in 1944.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.