Helping Keep The Tonbridge Community Local
Mon June 17, 2019
- Channel migrants: Two boats intercepted off Kent coast - Children were among the 40 migrants picked up by Border Force off the Kent coast.
- Following Kent's Sikh football team's league struggle - Punjab United, a team formed by Sikh immigrants in Gravesend, fights relegation.
- Teagan Appleby's seized medicinal cannabis returned - Teagan Appleby had up to 300 epileptic seizures a day before being given medicinal cannabis.
- Round of golf at Hythe club leads to new kidney - Mark Phillips was having kidney dialysis until a chance meeting with a fellow golfing friend.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.